Toscana is uniquely celebrated for as a region for preparing a rustic cuisine with simple ingredients and prosperous flavors. One of their upmost traditional dishes is the Pici pasta, a thick strand of pasta dough from Southern Tuscany, although has been referred to derive from Siena. This pasta type, fatto a mano, derives from simple flour and water but its robust character comes from the technique appiciare, the traditional and manual way to create pici. With a perfect al dente bite, the pasta pairs well with a variety of pairings, from smooth tomato sauce to hearty meat ragù. Join us at La Scuola with our resident Chef for a rustic taste of the Tuscan kitchen to learn how to create your own pici pasta at home! In this class:
• Explore the origin of pici pasta and its tradition of the Tuscany’s cuisine.
• Learn about which sauces pair best with pici pasta.
• Participate in the hands-on activity with our Scuola Chef to create your own pici with a step-by-step pasta making process.
• Enjoy a fresh pasta dinner prepared by our resident Chef accompanied with a complementary glass of wine to match the flavors of the dish.
• Take home adapted recipe and wine notes.
If you have any celiac allergy, we are happy to accommodate the request and serve a gluten-free pasta. However, the hands-on activity cannot be modified during this class. Trace amounts of gluten may be present, it is not certified for celiac disease.
• Seating is first-come first-served. If you wish to be seated with another ticketholder that purchased tickets separately, please let our team know upon receiving the automated email confirmation or responding to the email reminder. You can also reach out to LA.email@example.com.
• Restrictions: Ages 12 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Class price is per person.
• Note: No physical tickets are required, all tickets will be sent via e-mail and be presented at the door to check-in for the class.
• All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
• Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. Contact the Scuola Team at LA.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
• Pricing is subject to the Los Angeles 9.5% sales tax.