Each region of Italy offers its own unique pasta form and flavors. Indeed, Italy has more than 400 known pasta shapes, many of which contain more than one name and variation! In Southern Italy, their pasta is exemplary of the simplest homemade pasta varieties made with only durum wheat flour that is native to the fertile land and local water. Its unique preparation makes for the fun handmade pastas such as malloreddus, busiate, cavatelli, orecchiette - just to name a few. Let’s take a quick trip to the South with the Chef of La Scuola to explore the intricate pasta making in the South. In this class, guests will:
• Explore the traditional style of making with Semolina flour in Central and Southern Italy.
• Discover the handmade shapes made with semolina pasta dough and their birth regions.
• Participate in the hands-on activity to prepare your own fresh pasta with the guidance of Chef of La Scuola.
• Enjoy an antipasto and fresh pasta dish prepared by Chef of La Scuola with a complementary glass of wine.
• Take home the adapted recipe and wine notes of the meal served during the class.
Please note, if you have any celiac allergy, we are happy to accommodate the request and serve a gluten-free pasta. However, the hands-on activity cannot be modified during this class. Trace amounts of gluten may be present, it is not certified for celiac disease.
• If you are planning to attend with a separate ticket/order holder, please let us know so we can plan to seat you together. Please note, if purchased a single ticket, you will be seated at a table of two with another individual/party. Please email LA.firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
• Restrictions: Ages 12 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Class price is per person.
• Physical tickets are not required, all tickets will be sent via email and be presented at the door to check-in for the class.
• All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
• Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. Contact the Scuola Team at LA.email@example.com if you have questions or concerns. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
• Pricing is is subject to the Los Angeles 9.5% sales tax.