Did you know that not all pesto is needs to be green? With origins in Sicily, pesto alla trapanese is a delicious result of cross-culture cuisine and a flavorful way to make use of fresh summer produce. Dating back to Italy's maritime past, Ligurian sailors would arrive home at the port of Trapani in Sicily after lengthy travels through Eastern Asia. It was here that the northerners introduced Sicilians to pesto alla genovese, or the classic basil pesto typical of Liguria. Having learned the Ligurian technique of grinding the fresh ingredients into a silky sauce, the Sicilians adapted the recipe with the use of fresh tomatoes and almonds native to the region. In this class, guests will:
- Learn all about Pesto alla Trapanese
- Participating in making Pesto alla Trapanese from scratch
- Enjoy a meal while sipping on a beer or wine
- Take home adapted recipes and wine/beer notes
- Restrictions: ages 12 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Class price is per person.
- Physical tickers are not required, all tickers will be sent via email and be presented at the door to check-in for the class.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. Contact the Scuola Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Los Angeles sales tax.