La Crostata is one of Italy’s most rustic traditional desserts. This Italian tart can also be prepared as a savory style but is most enjoyed in its sweet form filled with a little jam or marmalade. Even more, it is a delight that can range in seasonal flavors of raspberry, blueberry, apricot, peach or any other wild fruit mixture. Even a pastry cream isn’t a bad idea for a filling. Besides, its colorful and charming appearance, crostatas are a fun dessert to create. Join us at La Scuola as we explore this classic Italian dessert with bright, bold, and delicious flavors. In this class, guests will:
• Explore the flavors and variety of crostatas in Italy.
• Learn how to create the crostata step-by-step with our Chef of La Scuola.
• Participate in the hands-on activity workshop to build their own crostata from making the dough to baking it.
• Enjoy a sampling of seasonal crostata prepared by Chef.
• Take home the adapted recipe and crostata created in class.
• Please note, this class contains dairy and gluten. We are unable to provide substitutions.
• Seating is first-come first-served. If you are planning to attend with a separate ticket/order holder, please let us know so we can plan to seat you together.
• This class is limited to 16 students maximum.
• Restrictions: Ages 12 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Class price is per person.
• No physical tickets are required, all tickets will be sent via e-mail and be presented at the door to check-in for the class.
• All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
• Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. Contact the Scuola Team at LA.email@example.com if you have questions or concerns. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
• Pricing is subject to Los Angeles sales tax.