This mini quiche Lorraine with sweet datterini tomatoes from Così Com'è puts an Italian twist on the quiche typical to French cuisine. Prepared in single portions, a shortcrust pastry is filled with a mixture of eggs, savory pancetta, sweet red datterini tomatoes, fresh cream and grated Parmesan cheese for the perfect balance of sweet and intense flavors, and a unique creaminess.
The ideal pairing for this deliciously savory quiche? A glass of Bianco Friulano Superiore from the Friuli Grave area DOC, which will certainly not be overwhelmed by the tastier notes of the preparation. Here's how to prepare the mini quiche Lorraine with datterini, step by step!
Mini Quiche Lorraine with Così Com'è Datterini Tomatoes
300 grams of shortcrust pastry
Butter for the quiche tins as required
For the filling:
140 grams pancetta
1 jar of Così Com'è natural red datterino tomatoes
180 grams of fresh cream
60 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to taste
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Grease 12 cm diameter tart molds with a thin layer of butter. Roll out the shortcrust pastry, line the molds, then trim the edges. Prick the pastry with a fork.
2. Cut the pancetta into slices and sauté it in a pan in a drop of oil for 2 minutes. Add the drained datterini and season for another 2 minutes.
3. Spread the pancetta and datterini tomatoes over the pastry.
4. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Add fresh cream to the mixture.
5. Pour the batter into the molds without reaching the edge.
6. Transfer the mini quiche to the oven at 190°C/375°F for 14-15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, let cool. Remove from the mold and serve garnished with a sprig of parsley.
Pick up Così Com'è tomatoes at your local Eataly, or shop online!