Sunday is National Picnic Day! This spring, celebrate the tradition of gathering outdoors to eat, enjoy good company, and soak up the sun.
Check out how to create the perfect picnic, and gather your ingredients for dining al fresco!
1. Le bibite. From the first sip, le bibite – the drinks – can set the tone of the picnic. And what celebrates sunshine better than sparkling wine or soda? Wine makes us feel very festive; made with Italian mineral water and raw ingredients, our selection of Italian sodas add a refreshing twist to any picnic! (For an expert twist, learn how to pair sodas with your meal.)
2. I contorni. Accompany your Eataly-inspired picnic with a few local and Italian sides, or contorni. We love freshly-cut fruit (insider tip: our vegetable butchers will wash and cut all produce, free of charge); chips, such as the flavorful New York’s North Fork or Chicago’s Billy Goat Chip Company; and thin, flaky Italian crackers.
3. Il panino. Panini are the ideal main course for any picnic: freshly-baked bread sandwiching fresh, high-quality ingredients? Yes, please. Swing by our panini counters (find your local Eataly!), or order meat online ahead of time. Panini are great to share (or enjoy on your own).
4. I dolci. Even picnics should end with a little something sweet! For our picnics, we reach for artisanal Italian chocolates, cookies, and candies, which add an element of elegance while remain perfect for eating with your hands.
5. Sedetevi. Finally, it’s time to sit down! Whether you’re in the city or the country, find the prime picnic spot, whether it is a bench, a table, or even (especially!) the grass. As long as you are eating outdoors, you are successfully picnicking.
6. Buon appetito! Eat – and enjoy.
Explore our suggested ingredients online, and we'll deliver to your door. Buon Picnic!