For the next 6 months, Eataly is unveiling a new project to celebrate Italy’s most beloved national dish: pasta. Named Icons of Eataly, the series will feature an ongoing program of special dishes, classes, and events dedicated to the humble combination of flour and water. Come and learn about June’s Icon of Eataly: Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe.
Join us for a cooking demonstration on how to prepare a classic Italian dish from start to finish. In this series, you’ll learn all the necessary techniques, from selecting ingredients to prepping, chopping, simmering and sautéing.
In this demo, you’ll gather round the stove as the Chef of La Scuola makes classic Roman Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe, or pasta with cheese and pepper. While the ingredients are simple, this dish can be extremely hard to master, but our chef will guide you through every step of the process. Guests will enjoy the finished dish paired with a wine chosen by our beverage experts. We cook what we sell, so you’ll be able to find all the featured ingredients right here in our store in order to recreate this dish at home!
Antipasto Plate - Meat and Cheese selections from our Salumi e Formaggi Department
Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe - Afeltra Spaghetti, Genuine Fulvi Pecorino Romano DOP, and Black Pepper with a wine pairing created by our beverage experts.
• Please note, class includes a cooking demonstration, glass of prosecco, antipasto plate and a Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe demo dish. This class is not hands-on.
• Seating is guaranteed but is first-come, first-served. Doors open 10 minutes before the start of class.
• Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Menu is subject to slight change. Please note that we cannot accomodate for dietary restrictions for this demo class.
• All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
• Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Chicago sales tax.