Gnocchi can be made from semolina flour, breadcrumbs, ricotta, wheat flour, egg, potato, sweet potato and any combination thereof, as long as the form recalls a knot or knuckle as the name commands.
Join us at La Scuola as we trace the roots of the first gnocco in each of its many forms. Our Chef will demonstrate how to prepare gnocchi with a seasonal sauce. Guests will get to try their hand at mixing and rolling out the dough and shaping their own ricotta gnocchi. Guests will enjoy one gnocchi dish paired with one wine or non-alcoholic beverage and antipasti.
Class will be complete with adapted recipes to take home along with the gnocchi guests make during the class and Eataly's housemade pomodoro sauce. Treat your family to a delicious meal from what you learn and take home from this hands-on pasta making experience!
• Class includes a cooking demonstration with one potato gnocchi dish and a hands-on activity.
• Seating is guaranteed but is first-come, first-served. Doors open 10 minutes before the start of class.
• Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Menu is subject to slight change.
• All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
• Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Chicago sales tax.