Welcome to Vino Camp! This year, dive deep into our monthly featured wines with a series of curated events that will have you feeling like a wine connoisseur in no time. This month's feature is Amarone wines.
Take part in a walk-around wine tasting focused on all things Amarone. Throughout the night, you will have the opportunity to taste more than 15 Amarone wines from the famed region, Veneto. Learn about the wines from the producers and experts themselves and enjoy a variety of bites inspired by the regional fares. After you discover your favorites, personalize your bottle of vino with a complimentary bottle etching.
WHAT IS AMERONE?
Hailing from the northeast region of Veneto, Amarone is produced in the rolling hillsides of Valpolicella. Unlike other wines, Amarone undergoes a unique process prior to fermentation called appassimento where grapes are allowed to dry for around 120 days after they are harvested. After the grapes have dried, they are crushed and fermented at low temperatures for one to two months. After fermentation, Amarone is aged for up to seven years in oak barrels. The partially dried grapes concentrate the juices and increase skin contact, giving it its rich, complex flavor, intense red color, and higher alcohol content. No other wine is produced this way, making Amarone truly unique. On the nose, Amarone boasts notes of plum, cherry, tea leaves, licorice, and spices.
Ready to taste with us?
Book your spot at our Amarone Camp!
• Check-in for the event will take place outside of La Scuola on the second floor of Eataly Chicago.
• Please bring a printed copy of your email confirmation or show it on your mobile device.
• This is a standing wine and food tasting event that takes place throughout our marketplace. Seating will not be provided.
• All guests at this event must be 21 years of age or older and must show valid government-issued identification at check-in.
• Please note that dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated.
• Event duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes.
• Tickets are individually sold and one ticket will give access to one person only.
• Food selection is subject to availability and might change.
• Additional alcohol is available for purchase at additional cost.
• Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Chicago sales tax.