There is no better dish for a crowd than this. Everybody loves it - even those who aren't fans of eggplant - it can be prepared in advance and then heated through before serving. In America, Parmigiana di Melanzane often involves eggplant slices that have been breaded and fried. However, in the traditional version we love in Italy, there is no breading. As a result, the eggplant is not crunchy but attains a meltingly tender texture that manages to taste both light and luxurious at the same time. Join us in La Scuola with Chef to learn about this Sicilian classic dish and savor the wonderful bonus that appears once all the slices have been served. In this class, guests will:
• Learn about the cultural origin of Parmigiano di Melanzane from Sicily.
• Discover the ingredients and techniques for seasoning and balancing flavors.
• Prepare your own eggplant Parmigiana with guidance of Chef during the workshop.
• Enjoy the Sicilian dish with a complementary glass of wine presented by our Beverage manager.
• Take home adapted recipe and wine notes.
• If you are planning to attend with a separate ticket/order holder, please let us know so we can plan to seat you together. Please note, if purchased a single ticket, you will be seated at a table of two with another individual/party. Please email LA.email@example.com to confirm.
• Restrictions: Ages 12 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Class price is per person.
• Physical tickets are not required, all tickets will be sent via email and be presented at the door to check-in for the class.
• All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
• Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. Contact the Scuola Team at LA.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
• Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Los Angeles sales tax.