The classic italian pasta, gnocchi is a Northern Italian specialty that can be found all over the peninsula. The name gnocchi has been speculated to come from the Italian word ‘nocca’ meaning knuckles which coincidentally describes the small, tight, rounded dumpling. It is one of the most unique pastas due to it many diverse forms, made with a variety of base ingredients: flour, cornmeal, semolina, bread, chestnut flour, ricotta, or vegetables—from pumpkin to spinach to the classic potato, depending where the dish comes from. Therefore, there are many fun delicious ways to create gnocchi. Join Chef as you take a closer look at gnocchi and create your own your Italian gnocchi. In this class guests will:
- Discover about culinary origin of Gnocchi.
- Learn about the different ways 'Gnocchi' is prepared in different regions.
- Participate in the hands-on activity to create your on gnocchi from scratch and by hand with the guidance of our La Scuola Chef.
- Enjoy a freshly prepared gnocchi dish by our La Scuola Chef paired a complementary wine during the meal.
- Take home the adapted recipe and wine notes.
- Seating is first-come first-served.
- Hands-on classes are limited to 16 students maximum.
- Restrictions: Ages 12 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Class price is per person.
- Note: No physical tickets are required, all tickets will be sent via email and be presented at the door to check-in for the class.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Please notify us 72-hours in advance if you have any dietary restrictions. Contact the Scuola Team at LA.email@example.com if you have questions or concerns. If we are not notified ahead of time of any special needs, we may not be able to accommodate them.
- Pricing is inclusive of service and exclusive of Los Angeles sales tax.